Monday, October 8, 2012

First Week

I am so happy that I took my Yoga TT with YogaWorks. I love how particular they are with alignment and sequencing that makes sense. I love how they give emphasis on doing the the pose the right way so as not injure the students. I love that the training is just not just about the physical practice but also about the "spiritual" and transformational aspects of yoga. Their principles are so in line with mine! Yay! Having David Kim as our teacher made it all the more super great!

The weeks has been very exciting, challenging, fun and tiring at the same time. I look forward every day to class. Our daily practice is always very well thought of. I learn something in each movement, in each pose. I also look forward to the philosophy discussions, "demo"; "let's look at bodies"; and practice teaching activities :) My classmates are awesome! Everyone shares their food, their learnings, their laughter, their support and positive energy :)

What made it challenging for me is living alone - having to do everything by myself, not having a fast internet connection and my sleep. My body refuses to let me sleep in the evening - it is used to being a vampire! I am hoping that melatonin would help me with that this week.

I am missing home.  I wish I can go home over the weekend without having to struggle with completing requirements and homework.

God is so good to me.  It just came to me this morning that I can actually make my daily practice as a prayer to thank God - for being able to do what I am able to do despite the challenges and for just putting everything in place :) This is for you, Father.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment